Payment & Shipping Terms:
|Audio:||Spanish||Use:||Kids & Family|
|Use:||Kids & Family||Character:||Funny|
JOHNNY DEPP RANGO
1.) Description (Editorial Reviews)
2.) Special Features
- Experience the Never-Before-Seen Ending
- Uncover 10 Deleted Scenes
- Meet the Real Creatures of Dirt (HD)
- Filmmakers’ Commentary
- Watch with Storyboard Reel Picture-in-Picture
- Go Behind the Scenes with Cast and Crew (HD)
- Take an Interactive Trip to Dirt
1.)Well THAT was a surprise! An animated feature for fun-loving, movie-loving adults. How do I know?
* The dialogue: Our hero talks like George Clooney talking like Clark Gable in "O Brother, Where Art Thou?" so pay close attention!
* Homages to classics from "Star Wars" to "Singin' in the Rain."
* The music has everything from yodeling during a chase scene (with toilet paper trailing from a shoe) to Ride of the Valkyries during an aerial attack.
* The Spirit of the West (in an Alabaster Chariot) is a serape-clad Clint Eastwood in a white golf cart with a bunch of Oscars tossed in the back.
* The line dance of the townspeople on Main Street is done to Cool Water by what sounds like the Sons of the Pioneers.
* A Greek Chorus/Mariachi Band which explains the action, consists of four little cactus owls.
* The hawk that terrorizes the town has a partial silver beak, a la Lee Marvin in Cat Ballou.
* One of the townspeople has a crackly voice like Pat Buttram from the old Roy Rogers movies.
* The snake is waaaay too scary for children even though it is clearly patterned after the one from the "Harry Potter" franchise.
* Much of Hans Zimmer's music seems inspired by Ennio Morricone of Spaghetti Western fame.
2.)While still not my favorite film featuring Johnny Depp, this little film does everything a great Depp film should do...
* Bring out Classic themes: A pet who pretends to be different characters...
* Exploration: In this case~ it explores the nature of reality, and even morality...
* Humor: Old vs. Young, Newcomers vs. Familiar Community Members, Outsiders and Insiders....
3.) Very fun fast moving animation with a story along the lines of China Town with Jack Nicholson. No incest or anything but a very rich old fellow trying to monopolize the water game in a desert city. There is an incredible fear and loathing las Vegas reference in the beginning as well!
Contact Person: Mr.